Saturday, June 2, 2012

Back to the Future

What is cooler than old school visions of the future?  Nothing.  Nothing at all.

When I think about these often outlandish or over-reaching scenarios of human progression,  Heinz Kiessling's "Blue Blood" always pops in my head.  Enjoy.


Beep-beep-boop-beep.  This thing will call Mars but you get AM reception only...

I so want one of these.  I love that it has the same steering wheel as a 1962 Cadillac...


Space cadet.  You know this kid was popular.

Hold the phone, Martha!  You're telling me that's not a real wood Frigidaire??  Faux - what now?

Why play polo or water polo when you can play both at the same time.  Don't be a chump - Buttercup the former carousel pony is waiting...on a motor boat.
For more Space Age visions, see my Pinterest page.  Follow Me for this and more fun images...

What's your favorite illustration of the future, c. 1920's-1960's?  I'm sure there are some more real gems I've never seen, not to mention that that if we were to include the cinematic genre here, it could spark many a hilarious conversation...

No comments:

Post a Comment